home » the foundation
The Semiahmoo Foundation exists to fund, support and enhance the programs and services delivered by the Semiahmoo House Society. Our registered charity number is 11914 4772 RR0001.
There are several simple ways that you can support and contribute to Semiahmoo House Society. You can help to empower people with developmental disabilities and provide increased opportunities for learning and growth. You can:
- Make a charitable bequest or an 'Estate Gift', such as an annuity, stock/securities or RRSP (ask us, or your Estate/Financial Planner about ways to give without affecting your income and that are tax-efficient)
- Make a tax-deductible gift via monthly, quarterly or bi-yearly pledges therefore spreading your gift out over time: Download our pledge form and mail it in.
- Participate or join us in one of our fundraising events campaigns;
- Workplace Giving and Matching Program—many employers allow you to choose your charity, so ask your employer if you can deduct a portion from your pay cheque (ask ask them if they would 'match' it at the same time!);
- Donate through the United Way—Semiahmoo House Society is an affiliate of the United Way, so check with your employer if you can make a donor designated contribution to our Society via your pay cheque (payroll giving is a wonderful way to ‘give less for more’) ;
- If you belong to a club, rotary or organization—introduce us and help us generate awareness;
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Become a Member of Semiahmoo House Society
- Volunteer in a number of different ways
- Employ someone with a developmental disability
- Utilize our Customized Employment Program
- Does your organization provide grants within the Health or Social Service sector? Please let us know about it.
"The act of philanthropy is a spiritual act, an expression of caring for one's fellow human beings.
It is a belief in the future and that the future can be good. It is investing in that future. It is helping to make the dream come true."
- Arthur Frantzreb
Semiahmoo Foundation contact info:
Louise Tremblay, Director of Development 604-536-1242 xt 232
Jackie Blackmore, Administrative Coordinator 604-536-1242 xt 247