home » the foundation » Membership
Who is a member of Semiahmoo House Society?
Our members are individuals from our community who support the mandate and mission of our Society.
Our appeal for membership is not about fundraising. The membership fees we collect only represent 2% of revenues derived through philanthropic activities. Our appeal is about joining forces with the community living movement and creating momentum for the full inclusion of people with disabilities in our society.
Importance of Membership
Membership benefits Semiahmoo House Society and the people we support. The more members we have and the more we connect with other organizations sharing a similar vision, the greater our power to convince policy makers in addressing the issues we all care about.
Your membership contributes to:
- provide additional support and strengthen our cause
- develop a strong, caring community in which all of its members are valued and accepted and feel a sense of belonging
- generate greater awareness and understanding about developmental disabilities
- create awareness about the services we provide and access for people who need them
Our Goal: 500 by 2014
We currently have 80 members. We believe that with 500 members, Semiahmoo House Society could better influence society to engage in the transformation necessary for the inclusion of people with disabilities. Therefore, we have set a goal to achieve this level of membership by 2014.
Membership is for the Society’s fiscal year April 1 to March 31. Annual Membership Fee is $15 for individuals, $25 for families or $50 for an organization.You can become a member by any of the following ways:
- Purchase a membership online.
- Download our printable membership form (individual/family or corporate) and mail it in with your payment.
- Come and visit us and ask for a membership package.
Your Benefits as a Member
- Invitations to special events, workshops and support meetings
- Invitation and voting rights at the Society’s Annual General Meeting (excluding Honorary memberships)
- Membership in Inclusion BC, formerly the Association for Community Living (BCACL)
- Invitation to the Inclusion BC Annual General Meeting and conference
- Subscription to the Treehouse newsletter, Semiahmoo House Society's quarterly newsletter